(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision | Newer revision→ (diff)
What collections of Cerebus single issues are called due to their size.
Dave Speaks about the trades
"After that I'm hoping to arrange for the first twenty-five issues to be published as a collection ("Cerebus the Barbarian") followed sometime later by the publication of the 500 page "High Society" under one cover as a graphic novel... I have arrived at this decision for a number of reasons (a) the difficulty involved in keeping each volume of Cerebus in print at all times, (b) the convenience of being able to introduce new fans to Cerebus with two large volumes and (at most) two dozen back issues, (c) a manageable format for someday having all 300 issues available (a twelve volume set of 500 page hardcovers), (d) the opportunity to expand Cerebus' exposure by making in available in bookstores."
Notes on Printings
- From a news article entitled "Cerebus collection has printing defect; Sim tells stores: Give them away, he'll replace them" in Comic Buyer's Guide #1048 High Society's fifth printing had a printing error wherein pages #160 - 192 appeared in random order. Dave states that approximately 1,200 copies had shipped as of Nov 22, 1993. What hadn't been shipped was scrapped, and a sixth printing was done to replace the fifth.
- High Society has been translated into Spanish by Pontent Mon. (April 2010).
- High Society has been translated into French by Vertige Graphic (August 2010).
- High Society has been translated into Italian by Black Velvet (November 2010).
Church & State I
- Church & State I has been translated into Spanish by Pontent Mon. (July 2011).
- Church & State I has been translated into Italian by Black Velvet Edrice. (November 2011).
- Church & State I has been translated into French by Vertige Graphic. (November 2011).
List of Phonebooks
There are 16 phonebooks in the Cerebus story: