|June 1987: Accurately Inexplicable|
|Backgrounds, cover-colour, and tones||Gerhard|
|Church & State II|
Then Astoria detects "echoes" of events in other times. Cerebus taps into the "echoes" as well, seeing Astoria as an male aardvark, and himself as the a female Pontiff figure who looks like Astoria. It seems that disasters surrounding past attempts at Ascension are coming full circle.
- Astoria (last seen in issue 98; next appearance in issue 100)
- Bishop Powers (last seen in issue 98; next appearance in issue 100)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 98; next appearance in issue 100)
- Not named Sepran soldier (last seen in issue 98; next appearance in issue 100)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- p. 2: Astoria's response to 'What is Truth?': "There is but ONE truth. . .birth and rebirth. That which was once. . .is again...and shall be, once more, at its appointed time."
- In issue 160 it is revealed by Suenteus Po that the trial that Cerebus and Astoria are seeing echoes of is a trial in which Po was the aardvark and the Great Andrena was the pontiff figure. Issue 160, p. 8 - 9.
- From an article entitled "'Cerebus' goes bi-weekly to catch up before #100" from Comic Buyer's Guide #701 this issue shipped on June 15, 1987.