|March 1987: An Anchor That's Going Places|
|Backgrounds, cover-colour, and tones||Gerhard|
|Church & State II|
Bishop Powers has arranged a trial for Astoria, and ordered a recasting of the sphere, after a flaw was found. Astoria wanders what Cerebus intends to ask of Tarim if he does make the Ascension. Cerebus explains how he intends to run Iest now that he has total control. Astoria and Cerebus debate Tarim and Terim.
- Astoria (last seen in issue 95; next appearance in issue 97)
- Bishop Powers (last seen in issue 93; next appearance in issue 97)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 95; next appearance in issue 97)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- From an article entitled "'Cerebus' goes bi-weekly to catch up before #100" from Comic Buyer's Guide #701 this issue shipped on May 4th, 1987, only two weeks after issue #95.
- p. 12 - 13: The scroll that Powers had was in ancient Pigt according to Astoria. Is this a hint at a connection between the Pigts and the Lion of Serrea?
Back up material
- Last page has a reproduction of a note from Dave Sim on Aardvark-Vanaheim, Inc. letter head. This note states that they no more of the original 6,000 copy print run of the High Society phonebook left. The note goes on to state that people can order copies of the Cerebus phonebook and the Church & State I phonebook. The back inside cover states the Cerebus phonebook will be available August 15 and Church & State I phonebook will be available June 15. Also shown are small sketches of each of them. The note was reprinted from the Comic Buyer's Guide.