|March 1985: Time Passes and Life Manoeuvres|
|Church & State I|
Lord Julius continues to manipulate Bishop Powers. Eventually he gets what he wants, but is discouraged that it took nearly an hour to accomplish. Cerebus orders the crowd to conquer the Red Marches. Apparently Bran knew the command was coming, but he didn't know which area was going to fall first. Cerebus picks up the gold coin forged by Tarim, and something strange happens (the gold sphere begins to form.)
- Baskin (last seen in issue 43; next appearance in issue 138)
- Bishop Powers (last seen in issue 71; next appearance in issue 76)
- Boobah (last seen in issue 69; next appearance in issue 73)
- Bran Mac Mufin (last seen in issue 71; next appearance in issue 75)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 71; next appearance in issue 73)
- Lord Julius (last seen in issue 71; next appearance in issue 79)
- Red Sophia (last seen in issue 68; next appearance in issue 73)
Dave officially titled the current story line "Church and State" in his "Note from the President."
From the Monthly Q&A:
Q: Who did Bran send a message to in Church and State not long before Thrunk shows up (issue 72) and why?
DAVE: Presumably to the Pigts and/or some group affiliated with them.
Back up material
- Fan Grafito in AC - (Thorn)
- Back Cover - First Fifth, pl. one
Cerebus: "It's everyone's great dream. . .People have been waiting for centuries for the great Cerebus..."
Red Sophia: "It must be a great disappointment to them that you're so short and obnoxious..."