|February 1985: Hovering Below the Fray|
|Assistant to the Publisher||Karen McKiel|
|Cover Separations||Mark Spencer|
|Church & State I|
This story switches back and forth between Cerebus and Bishop Powers. Cerebus is talking with Bran, who is trying to convince Cerebus that all that is happening is Cerebus' destiny. Bran has some convincing evidence, including the fact that most of the gold coins Cerebus has collected are very old (including one minted by Tarim himself.) Bishop Powers negotiates the decision of who will replace Weisshaupt as President. Lord Julius shows up. Julius manipulates Powers like the master he is. By the end he has Powers thinking about taking the presidency for himself.
Note: This issue marks the first Note From the President.
- Bishop Powers (last seen in issue 68; next appearance in issue 72)
- Bran Mac Mufin (last seen in issue 67; next appearance in issue 72)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 70; next appearance in issue 72)
- Lord Julius (last seen in issue 62; next appearance in issue 72)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- p. 18: Bishop Powers says the word Spike when Lord Julius taunts him about what the Lion of Serrea said about his dog.
- p. 19: Bishop Powers thinks "Spikes a good dog."