(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision | Newer revision→ (diff)
|April 1984: Stormy Writing|
|Writer & Artist||Dave Sim|
|Church & State I|
Several short stories contained in this issue. The first story is an amusing one during which Cerebus learns that both Red Sophia and Mrs. Henrot-Gutch are frightened of thunder storms. Cerebus crumples several pages while working on his book, and then tries making a list of ways to beat Weisshaupt. Mrs Tynsdale-Clyde relates her experience with Cerebus' tight pants (from issue 59).
Bishop Powers believes he's found a way to beat Weisshaupt. Weisshaupt, in a magnanimous mood, shows Cerebus the "magic" he used to persuade Lord Julius to join the United Feldwar States, in a story called "Boom." The politician has discovered the cannon, which convinces Julius that Weisshaupt can defend the outer borders of the Feldwar States, leaving Julius free to focus on his own city-state.
- Bishop Powers (last seen in issue 59; next appearance in issue 64)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 60; next appearance in issue 63)
- Mrs. Henrot-Gutch (last seen in issue 60; next appearance in issue 64)
- Mrs Tynsdale-Clyde (last seen in issue 59; final appearance)
- Red Sophia (last seen in issue 60; next appearance in issue 64)
- Weisshaupt (last seen in issue 60; next appearance in issue 62)
Andrew: Where did [you] get the idea for Weishaupt's bowl cannons in Church & State I?
Dave: The Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci, the guy who penciled that brilliant run of Ghost Rider in the late nineteen seventies.
Back up material
- Flaming Carrot, "FC & the New People," pt. 1 (Burden)(5 pages)
- Sketch in AC (Sim)