|December 1983: Suddenly|
|Writer & Artist||Dave Sim|
|Church & State I|
Cerebus wakes up in a hotel room in Port Seprania, but he's not alone. Sharing his bed is his new wife, Red Sophia. Before long Weisshaupt pokes his head through the door. Weisshaupt unabashedly admits to drugging Cerebus, and Sophia confirms that the marriage has been "legitimized," at least twelve times. Weisshaupt informs Cerebus that under local law, abandoning the marriage would result in his hanging. Cerebus has no choice but to become Weisshaupt's puppet Prime Minister. On top of all that he meets his mother-in-law for the first time.
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 56; next appearance in issue 58)
- Mrs. Henrot-Gutch (first appearance; next appearance in issue 58)
- Red Sophia (last seen in issue 19; next appearance in issue 58)
- Weisshaupt (last seen in issue 54; next appearance in issue 59)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- Weisshaupt about Cirin: "Cirin -- or as I like to call her -- 'the cow who walks like a man'. . ."
- Cerebus wakes up wearing Red Sophia's chain mail bikini top and Red Sophia is wearing Cerebus' medallions.
- Weisshaupt reads the ending to what he is looking for in Cerebus' romance tracts, the ending is from "The Prime Minister and the Hussey". p. 15
Back up material
- Normal-Man, "Let's Get Normal, Man," (Valentino) (4)
- Fan Art in Aardvark Comment - (J and K Weber)
This issue summary is a "stub" Please help complete it.