|October 1983: Origin of the Wolveroach Part 2: The Why & The Are|
|Writer & Artist||Dave Sim|
|Church & State I|
After the Wolveroach mangles a fellow house guest Cerebus tries to talk with him. The Wolveroach is more interested in smoking a wad of toothpicks. The Countess and Cerebus have a violent argument, and Cerebus goes off to work on his book. Wolveroach goes over the edge, deciding to challenge the New Sepran soldiers who are searching for him.
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 54; next appearance in issue 56)
- Countess Michelle (last seen in issue 54; next appearance in issue 56)
- Vichy DuPris (last seen in issue 54; final appearance)
- Wolveroach (last seen in issue 54; next appearance in issue 56)
- New Sepra at the Countess' estate
Notebook section of Cerebus Biweekly reprint of issue 55
Dave, in reference to sketches for the cover: "Really trying for that Clint Eastwood quality. You think it's easy? Clint Eastwood in brown leotards? Try it some time."
- At the end of Aardvark Comment Dave mentions that Deni and himself have separated and living apart, but are still are both partners in Aardvark-Vanaheim.
- The Cerebus Biweekly reprint of issue #55 had a disclaimer on the cover: "Wolverroach (sic) is a PARODY of Wolverine a character copyrighted and trademarked by the Marvel Entertainment Group."