|May 1983: Cerebus' Six Crises Crisis No 6: Denouement|
|Writer & Artist||Dave Sim|
The Exodus Inward has ended as the prior Pontiff of the Eastern Church has died. The New Pontiff of the Tarimites surrounds the Executive Mansion with tarimite troops. All of Cerebus' advisors, except Astoria, have left already.
Cerebus walks out on Astoria, who was already making plans to rebuild their power elsewhere. Cerebus goes back to the Regency to get his stuff and say goodbye to the Elf. In the process he discovers the Albatross in the bag of "goodies" from the Artist (in issue 25) that could have given him the power he had lacked when his plans fell apart. Instead he picks up his sword and vest and leaves.
- Astoria (last seen in issue 49; next appearance in issue 60)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 49; next appearance in issue 51)
- Elf (last seen in issue 46; next appearance in issue 59)
- Suenteus Po of Harbourside (last seen in issue 48; final appearance)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- Cerebus refers to "Commanders Johns and Hyanns", likely the names of the Commanders of Parmoor and Garrison, seen in issue 42 and issue 49.
- Astoria says this about Cerebus saying that Jaka is Lord Julius' niece: "I was Lord Julius' "niece" once. . .He's had quite a number of "nieces" over the years. . .the only difference was that he married me!"
- p12: Cerebus rips his coat in a sign that he is finished with that segment of his life. He repeats this later in the series (issue 265).
Back up material
- "In My Life," (Valentio, Lennon tribute)
- Fan Art in Aardvark Comment - Cerebus and Lip (Stazer, creator of Spaced)
- Fan Art in Aardvark Comment - Cerebus and Domino (Lenagh, creator of Domino Chance)