|April 1983: Cerebus' Six Crises: Crisis Number Five: The Last Stand|
|Writer & Artist||Dave Sim|
Moon Roach tries to bring Cerebus out of his dazed state (thinking Cerebus was "doped") with a bucket of water. Everyone clears the war room immediately, since they all have functioning olfactory organs. Astoria makes plans for her and Cerebus to go into exile, but when the "Hsiffies" come within sight Cerebus grabs a sword and heads out to fight them single handed. He's greeted with a chant, a chant he recognizes. It's the Conniptins.
- Astoria (last seen in issue 48; next appearance in issue 50)
- Blakely (last seen in issue 48; next appearance in issue 58)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 48; next appearance in issue 50)
- Filgate (last seen in issue 48; next appearance in issue 59)
- Lord Julius (last seen in issue 47; next appearance in issue 51)
- McGrew Brothers (last seen in issue 46; next appearance in issue 51)
- Sergeant Preston of the Northern Iestan Mounted Police (last seen in issue 48; next appearance in issue 51)
- Theresa (last seen in issue 41; next appearance in issue 60)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- Other appearances in this issue include the Commanders of Parmoor and Garrison (both last seen in issue 42), and the Minister for External Affairs (seen in issue 45 and issue 46).
- p6 - 13: Cerebus wakes up from being passed out, and the room and the comic panels, start to spin. The issue had started sides and they spin around so the page is upside, and then right side up for a couple pages and then back to sideways.
- p11: Eshnosopur is mentioned as some place warm that Cerebus and his staff could go to during their exile.
- Conniptins: "Might for right! Might for might! Right for might! Fight! Fight! Fight!"
Back up material
- Journey "Search," pt. 2 (Messner-Loebs) (4)
- Fan Art in Aardvark Comment