(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision | Newer revision→ (diff)
|Dec 1982: Cerebus' Six Crises: Crisis Number One: The Bureaucratic Rebellion|
|Writer & Artist||Dave Sim|
Cerebus takes over Iest as it's new Prime Minister. He consults with Blakely and Bran. He also talks with his "inner circle": Henrot and the Regency Elf while Astoria sits at the desk outside his office acting as a bouncer of sorts.
Disbanding the legislature, selling the Papal lands, and fencing the inauguration jewels, Cerebus gets enough money to raise an army of mercenaries. With the Cockroach bothering him about the stolen jewels, Cerebus plans to invade Lower Felda and capture the treasury in Beduin. Unfortunately Beduin is broke, having only a fraction of the money Cerebus spent to capture the city in the first place. On top of that Lord Julius sends a bill for Lower Felda's outstanding debts.
- Astoria (last seen in issue 42; next appearance in issue 44)
- Blakely (last seen in issue 43; next appearance in issue 46)
- Bran Mac Mufin (last seen in issue 43; next appearance in issue 47)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 44; next appearance in issue 46)
- Henrot (last seen in issue 19; next appearance in issue 46)
- The Moon Roach (last seen in issue 44; next appearance in issue 47)
- Pinshaw (first appearance; next appearance in issue 47)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- This issue is "sideways" from the standard comicbook layout in that the pages are rotated 90° from the standard.
- A representative of H.R. Dipp from the firm of Hadden, Hadden and Dipp requests to speak to the Prime Minister.
Cerebus: "So what should your fingers do?"
Spokesman for the Iestan Guild of Government Employees: "Swear complete and ever-lasting loyalty to my thumb!"