|July 1994: Mothers & Daughters 34|
|Mothers & Daughters: Reads|
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 183; next appearance in issue 185)
- Cirin (last seen in issue 183; next appearance in issue 185)
- Ken Viola (only appearance) (text pages only)
- Rick Veitch (first appearance; next appearance in issue 204) (text pages only)
- Steve Bissette (only appearance) (text pages only)
- Viktor Davis (last seen in issue 183; next appearance in issue 185) (text pages only)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
Back up material
Tyrant (Bissette) (8)
- The cover to the issue is a portrait of Elrod on top of the cover to issue 181. From page 182 of Reads (also issue 183 page 16):
"The receding pattern revealed itself to be the cover to Cerebus 181. As it receded...All else was blackness and silence.
...A silhouette of a figure eclipsed the brilliant green of the illuminated cover. The figure turned this way and that, revealing an animated profile in one instant and a symmetrical page-boy hairstyle in the next. The features were strangely familiar: the voice even more so.
"What -- ah say -- what was that? Who's there? Somebody -- ah say -- somebody put on the night-light. This joke has gone too far -- crossed the boundary, that is. Ah demand mah full rights under the Alan Moore amendment. Ahm a *story*, son -- y'can't destroy me...obliterate, that is."
...The cover dimmed from a brilliant emerald and turquoise to a muddy olive and navy."
- p.18: Viktor says, "...the Big Round Glowing White Strange Thing. What you call the known universe is still there..."
- Fave Cerebus Cover CerebusFangirl blog entry on the connections between the covers to issue 181 and 184 and how they relate to the rest of the Reads storyline.