|July 1992: Mothers & Daughters 10|
|Mothers & Daughters: Flight|
The two coins start to glow and then settles back down to bottom of the Feld River. Posey is seen in a Cirinist jail and dies for his belief that Cerebus has returned. Po tells Cerebus Posey's story. Po then tells the story of the gold coins. Po moves his bishop to c4, threatening checkmate with queen takes pawn at f7.
Elrod talks while the Punisheroach thinks about things. An Eye in the Pyramid assassin tries to kill Lord Julius. Cirin dreams of the ascension and she meets Tarim not her Terim. Cerebus begins to move his bishop...
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 159; next appearance in issue 161)
- Cirin (last seen in issue 159; next appearance in issue 161)
- Cockroach (last seen in issue 159; next appearance in issue 161)
- Elrod (last seen in issue 159; next appearance in issue 161)
- Lord Julius (last seen in issue 151; next appearance in issue 161)
- McGrew Brothers (last seen in issue 138; next appearance in issue 161)
- Oscar (last seen in issue 130; next appearance in issue 300)
- Archbishop Posey (last seen in issue 146; final appearance)
- Suenteus Po (last seen in issue 159; next appearance in issue 161) As astral body form
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
Back up material
Cover of Amazing Heroes 201, (Sim/Gerhard), color
- When one of the gold coins flickers and releases nine perfect spheres of white light, the size and sequence of the spheres resembles the nine planets of our solar system (at the time of writing issue 160, Pluto was still considered a planet). p. 11.
- 2: The two prisoners are Archbishop Posey, and the Oscar from _Jaka's_Story_.
- 7: "first meeting" (164, p.16ff).
- "some weeks ago" (146, p.12ff).
- "two years of hard labour" The same sentence that Oscar received, thus unsurprising that they ended up in the same labor camp. Strangely enough, (146, p.18) gives his sentence as *five* years hard labor. (Alexx)
- 8-9: This sequence is deliberately evocative of Jesus Christ. (Alexx)
- "I wash my hands of you" See (100, p.7) for an echo of this image. (Alexx)
- "You experienced it yourself" Issues 99-100. (Alexx)
- 10: Although Po says QB-KB4, he *moves* KB-QB4. See 165,p.6 and note. (Alexx)
- 11: These spheres of light appear to represent the planets of the solar system. (Alexx)
- 13: "Filthy Lower Feldan Post Cards!" Lower Feldans have already been established as speaking French, so it comes as little surprise that they appreciate sexuality. (Alexx)
- "What the maid saw" was a typical caption for a pornographic Victorian-era postcard. (Alexx)
- "Splurt" One presumes that the Roach has just spontaneously ejaculated at the sight of this picture. His libido seems undiminished in the next issue, however. (Alexx)
- 14: When last seen, the Eye in the Pyramid had only male members. This might well be a different anti-Lord-Julius conspiracy that has just adopted the name of an earlier one. The rhetoric is notably feminist. (Alexx)
- 16-17: Cirin is dreaming of Ascending on her giant Gold Sphere to meet Terim, but it becomes a nightmare when the god(ess?) is revealed to be male. (Alexx)
- 19: If an 89-day probationary period seems odd, just remember the mathematical skills we're dealing with here. In all likelihood, it's a 90-day period, and Dirty Drew just got his subtraction wrong. (Alexx)