|January 1992: Mothers & Daughters 4|
|Mothers & Daughters: Flight|
The archer fires her shot and Cerebus disappears! The Roach as normalroach appears and turns into Punisheroach. There is mounting confusion about Cerebus' whereabouts and Cirin wonders if it is only the Illusionists playing tricks.
Meanwhile, Cerebus floats around in white nothingness. Cirin orders the area where Cerebus was seen quarantine, only mothers and children under the age of 5 are saved, all others are executed. The people start to worry what will happen to them. The two coins stop spinning and the lotus shrinks and disappears.
- Beth (last seen in issue 153; final appearance)
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 153; next appearance in issue 155)
- Cirin (last seen in issue 152; next appearance in issue 155)
- Cockroach (last seen in issue 139; next appearance in issue 155)
- Mrs Thatcher (last seen in issue 153; next appearance in issue 156)
- Normina Swartskof (last seen in issue 153; next appearance in issue 155)
- Seth (last seen in issue 153; final appearance)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
Back up material
- Cerebus/Zot (McCloud/Sim/Gerhard)
- Two Bits (Sim/Zulli/Gerhard)
- Last time we saw normalroach in issue 139 a Cirinist soldier made him remove the roach antenna from his glasses. With this issue the antenna are back on his glasses.
- Cover: The cover to this issue is almost identical to that of last issue, only now the people are hastily shutting their windows and Cerebus is nowhere to be seen. (Alexx)
- 8: The Roach is relating various political struggles to hand-combinations in the game of Diamondback.
- "(King beats king's king)" We have not previously heard of a "king's king" mentioned in reference to Diamondback.
- "(Priestess beats queen)" Probably referring to the Cirin-Astoria conflict that Theresa related the start of in issue 62.
- "Cerebus captures Astoria..." Since Astoria is the priestess, and the only card that beats a priestess is the magician, it follows that Cerebus has become the magician.
- "Astoria (priestess) imprisoned..." Here, the Roach seems to be trying to interpret the significance of the current state of affairs using the Diamondback symbolism. The significance (in the game) of one card "over" another is unknown. (Alexx)
- 9: "Daughters of Sappho" This is the first (overt) suggestion that Cirinists may accept lesbianism. (Alexx)
- 13: "Health centers in Upper Felda" Presumably, this is far enough away that they won't cause trouble. (Alexx)
- 16: "second cousin of all battles" Another reference to the Gulf War, called by Saddam Hussein "the mother of all battles". (Alexx)
- 18: Punisheroach is a parody of the Marvel Comic's character "The Punisher", a vigilante who goes after drug dealers with large caliber weapons and extreme prejudice. The "Multi-roach" aspects to his personality are wholly original. (Alexx)
- 19: Whatever "Great Change" (151, p.7) was building up, it's stopped. For the moment. (Alexx)