|December 1989: Jaka's Story 16|
|Administrative Assistant||Monique Kaptein|
|Jaka's Story: The Poet|
Jaka and Oscar exchange niceties in preparation for a party at Pud's tavern. Oscar spends a lot of money softening up the crowd in preparation for his recitation of excerpts from "Jaka's Story." Jaka is upset that Rick told Oscar about her childhood.
Young Jaka discovers her clothing allowance, and uses it to maneuver her way up in the dining room hierarchy - along with some sneaky female trickery.
- Jaka (last seen in issue 128; next appearance in issue 130)
- Lord Julius Flashback only (first chronological appearance; next appearance in issue 130)
- Rick (last seen in issue 128; next appearance in issue 130)
- Old Tavern Patron (last seen in issue 127; next appearance in issue 130)
- Oscar (last seen in issue 128; next appearance in issue 130)
- Pud (last seen in issue 127; next appearance in issue 130)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- This is the sixth issue of the series in which Cerebus does not appear (though he does have a single panel imaginary appearance). It last happened in last issue, and happens again next issue.
- p. 1: Rick doesn't speak Lower Feldan, but Jaka reads and writes it.
- p. 2: Rick's mother gave Jaka & Rick good stationary for their wedding present.
- p. 6: Oscar speaks French, which is assumed to be Lower Feldan: "A lot of money. This is magnificent! Truly."
- p. 7: Oscar says the Hsifans call currency "filthy paper".
- p. 12: Oscar and Jaka speak Lower Feldan (French) to each other:
- Oscar: "A thousand pardons, brilliant dancer. A thousand pardons."
- Jaka: "No you do not. Enchanted."
- p. 13: Oscar recites the Iesten Army Regulars oath.
- p. 15: Oscar smokes opium laced cigarettes.