|December 1988: Jaka's Story 4|
|Backgrounds, cover-colour and tones||Gerhard|
|Jaka's Story: Pogrom's Progress|
Jaka comes into Pud's tavern to dance, but there are no patrons. Cerebus tries to sleep but finds Rick playing a game with a ball and a cup. Pud pays Jaka three copper bits even though she has not danced. When she gets home, Rick suggests giving Cerebus a new name, noting he has the same name as the last Pope.
Meanwhile, in excerpts from Daughter of Palnu, young Jaka's Nurse finds her spinning near the wooden horse Magic. Startled, Jaka opens her eyes, gets dizzy, and crashes into the horse, splitting open her head. She lies near death for several days.
- Cerebus (last seen in issue 116; next appearance in issue 118)
- Jaka (last seen in issue 116; next appearance in issue 118)
- Nurse (flashback only) (last seen in issue 116; next appearance in issue 119)
- Rick (last seen in issue 116; next appearance in issue 118)
- Pud (last seen in issue 116; next appearance in issue 118)
If Dave has something to say on the issue, add it here
- This issue is chapter 3 of Pogrom's Progress, the first book of Jaka's Story.
- Rick is obviously unaware that Cerebus is the last Pope. Technically, he is still the Pope, since he is still alive.
Back up material
- Cerebus Jam - original splash page for #1 by Gerhard