Dreams are a reoccurring theme in the series:
- Issue 24:
- Issue 38:
- Issue 77:
- Issue 78: "Odd Transformations part two"
- Issue 89: "Odd Transformations No. 3: Dead Friends"
- Issue 95: "Odd Transformation 4"
- Issue 113:
- Issue 144:
- Issue 160:
- Issue 166:
- Issue 166:
- Issue 171:
- Issue 203:
- Issue 204:
- Issue 212:
- Issue 218:
- Issue 227:
- Issue 239:
- Issue 257: Mary Ernestway has a dream of a talking lion who happened to speak Iestan.
- Issue 264: Cerebus has a dream that he is in a local pub in Sand Hills Creek enjoying the warm welcome home when Jaka starts to talk about the Black Tower Catacombs and Crotch-Face starts to take his sword out. Cerebus hopes Crotch-Face makes it quick so Jaka doesn't suffer.
- Issue 289:
- Issue 290:
- Cerebus Dreams: Back up story in Swords of Cerebus #5
- Cerebus Dreams II: Story in AV in 3D
Dave: "No, I definitely didn't intend for dreams to play a large part in the Cerebus storyline and yes, Barry's "Cerebus Dreams" story triggered the resulting onslaught of dream content. When it came in I thought it was a great idea and particularly well suited to what it was I was trying to do: an actual life. A good third of all actual lives are spent dreaming so it was really impossible to over-emphasize the presence of dreams unless I did over 100 issues of them.
The dreams in the Cerebus storyline don't have any common thematic link unless it's something really vague like Cerebus' mostly unconscious certainty that he is intended to fulfill some Large Destiny or other and his, again, mostly unconscious awareness of all the things that get in the way of that." This page is a stub. Please help out the Cereb.us Wiki by adding more information. Thanks!